Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dance in Motion


Shutter speed: 10/130 sec
Exposure program: Manual
f-Stop: f/ 3.2
Iso: 160
Focal length: 7.3 mm

For this project I really struggled because I don’t like creating or taking pictures of things that don’t look real.  It has no appeal to me in any way and it is nothing I would buy or hang in my home.  Never the less I thought of this idea for a project.  My friend Whitt was trying to teach me some stretching and beginning Ballet things, which if you know me, was a epic fail, so as I was laying on the dance hall floor wincing in pain, I noticed the grace and precision Whitt took with each movement and pulled out my camera and started taking pictures.  I then got the idea to layer the pictures on top of them and make those layers have a lower opacity.  Surprisingly, after 6 hrs of cussing and screaming at the computer, it turned out ok.   

No comments:

Post a Comment